“a place we knew was for sharing from the first moment we saw it”
When we first drove into Loustalot we knew it was somewhere special and that it was the ideal place to share with others in search of peace. We were won over by the woodland, and the wildlife as well as by the location…so close to Pau, with all it offers, and still with the tranquility of nature and the sloping vineyards of Jurançon just minutes up the lane. We hoped others would love it as we did and we set out to create the sort of place where we would like to stay ourselves (and which we had found very difficult to find when looking for holiday or retreat accommodation)…
Farmhouse + two barns
The main farmhouse where we live is located on the slopes of the vineyards of Jurançon and dates from 1696, when it would have been one of the only houses in the area. It is built from local stone and still features an enormous original bread oven and stone sink.
The two barns were built around 1800 and now house the guest accommodation in one and the yoga space in the other. Four hectares of gardens and woodland surround the property which is about 6km from Pau.
If you don’t know Pau then you have treats in store!
It’s a charming medium to large town with lots of cafés, restaurants, and shops as well as the famous chateau and university.
People also love the boulevard and the markets, both the extensive indoor ‘Halles de Pau’ and the numerous outdoor markets in the surrounding area. Guests appreciate its proximity to the mountains, tremendous walking and cycling country plus skiing in Gourette, as well as the coast at Biarrritz, les Landes and St Jean-de-Luz. You can visit the breathtaking caves at Betharram, the lakes, the amazing swimming complex in Pau and take days out easily to Lourdes, Salies-de-Béarn and of course into Spain (an hour away)
A home from home for you
We wanted to create for you just the sort of place we would love to find if we were going somewhere to relax, unwind and recharge. SO…
You will find
- An affordable, but unique and independent place to stay
- Clean, uncomplicated accommodation with plenty of charm
- Comfy beds with clean cotton linen and towels provided
- A bath as well as showers
- A decent kitchen where you can actually self-cater fully if wished
- Unlimited free wifi and no TV!
- A peaceful, welcoming energy
- Lots of space in nature, plenty of green and trees, trees, trees
- Animals and wildlife
- A real fire
- Loving touches like flowers
- A fresh-water stream from the mountains
AND...this one was always really difficult to find elsewhere
- A dedicated space to practice meditation or yoga (or not!) as well as the option of having healing or yoga and relaxation or meditation classes.
All created and maintained for you with love
A marvellous place full of harmony and peace. It did us so much good. Thank you to Jacqueline for her discrete attention to the quality of our stay.